A quick look back on the last week at Temple Beth El tells you just how vibrant our Jewish community is:
- We had our weekly events - Shabbat evening and morning - including two B’nei Mitzvah, Anniversary Blessings, Torah Study, FIJI Class, and Tot Shabbat too!
- We celebrated: two baby-namings and a same-sex marriage ceremony.
- We mourned our losses and comforted our mourners with two shiva minyanim and a memorial service.
- We had some intriguing conversations about tattoos, organ donation, marijuana, the novel The Golem and the Jinni, Taste of Judaism, The Porch Torah, and even Talmud, in a myriad of locales including the Temple Beth El building, at The Village Tavern, Whole Foods, and at the Bechtler Museum Cafe.
- We ate together at a SPICE Potluck on Shabbat, and shopped together at our Attic Sale.
- Our Annual Congregational Trip to Israel returned with Rabbi Judy - everyone had an amazing and meaningful adventure, and four kids became Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
- And even though it is summer, B’nei Mitzvah preparations continue with a full schedule of training for our soon to be Bar and Bat Mitzvah ceremonies.
I hear that other Jewish communities slow down in the summer.
I feel so honored and blessed to be part of our Temple Beth El family, to be all together so often for important times and moments of thoughtful discussion.
Looking forward to a great summer!
Check out the next book we will read for our August Book Club, or enjoy the last - links below:
Next book for August 3, 11:00 AM:
Last book, a fun summer read: